Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home Again


Hello Dreamers,

I made it home last evening...no doubt the last of our cast and crew to be back in my own home/office/and real bed. Quackgrass and I traveled together to Mountain Home, Idaho, where we found a campsite in a KOA campground and spent the last night in her trailer (It was a wonderful home away from home). On Monday she split to the north and Montana (arriving there about 6 p.m.). I followed the trail back to Casper. I was on South Pass when she called to say she was pulling into her driveway. Although it was a very long day on the road, I truly enjoyed my drive through the Sweetwater Valley, reliving the special moments we all had there just ten days earlier. The light was filtering across the Rattlesnake Range, there were few vehicles and it was good to be on the trail with my own thoughts.

Just as soon as I catch up on the more than 500 e-mail messages that came in while I was out of touch, I'll be putting more photos up on this site.

And then I'll go unpack my car and shake the spiders out of my bedroll once again...so I can be ready to go back on the trail sometime soon.

--Candy Moulton

2 comments:

Chulabelle said...

I'm sure you will relish the moments you shared with the kids for many years to come. I found that my son, Jakob, had a difficult time the first couple of nights. He missed many of the people form the trail. I felt sorry for him. I hope that all of you can stay in touch. It was a grand experience for Jakob and many of the others, I'm sure.

Tersea L Farley said...

Candy, Thank you so much, Joseph had such a great time and as he shared his daily experiences I can see that he had such a good time and enjoyed himself. He admitted he was not ready for the trip to end! I am so blessed that he had this opportunity with other youth, you and your crew, you are a great group of people.
Blessings - Teresa Sacramento