Friday, June 27, 2008

And it all comes down to this ...

Well....nearly 2 years in the planning. I hope we are ready to go tomorrow...Better be the kids will be here!

Bob, Quackgrass and I sat up late last night (especially late for Bob since he had flown in from Massachusetts yesterday morning), going over our final plans for the two-week shoot. We know what we want to capture with this film. We are confident in the team we've put together to help us make it and we are excited to soon have the kids, our teachers, and other members of the wagon train on the ground and ready to go.

Well, admittedly, I still have moments of worry... but there is no more time for any panic.

This morning Connor Novotny, a recent graduate of Natrona County High School here in Casper, joined the team. He'll be helping us in many ways. Connor won first place in the Wyoming State High School short film contest this year. He's interested in a career in film, but plans to attend UW in Laramie this fall to get a degree in English. He's been doing some background work for the past couple days and has today's modern teen ability to find things on the Internet in an instant....plus he knows how to program a cell phone. Maybe I'll get him to add some numbers to mine!

He told me to not stress.

Do I appear to be stressed?

Gee, I can't imagine why. I have 24 kids headed my way tomorrow whose parents are entrusting them to my care when we are out in the boonies!

Moms and Dads (Grandmas and Grandpas) across the country, please do know I take that responsibility very seriously.

I went on my first wagon train in 1990, traveling two weeks on the Bridger Trail for Wyoming's Centennial. My life has not been the same since, for on that journey I fell in love with the trails and became hopelessly addicted to wagon train travel.

So on the day before our launch of In Pursuit of a Dream, I hope and sincerely pray for Safety, Fun, and Friendship.

--Candy

No comments: