Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hey, Where's the Dog?

Cows are calved...... pastures and hay fields are growing.... my draft horse mare has her 2 mo. old spotted filly in the corral and its 70 degrees outside in Montana! Where did the time go and it can’t be only a week until Candy and I take off for “Dreamers” to begin! Ahhhhhhhh !!!!!!

The piles of “props” and stuff are taking over my dining room!!!! You have to weave through the big canvas bags marked “flour” and “beans,” dodge the boxes with journals, canteens and “housewives” in them and maneuver past baskets of quilts, cast iron pots, and rice bags. My poor husband has to check with me before eating anything in the kitchen in case it’s “prop food” and my dog “Surrey” is hiding out under the roll desk for fear of being packed up in a sleeping bag. BUT it’s organized chaos, even if I do tend to “twitch” on and off when I read the latest e-mail from Candy!

I think the “just one more thing” list is seven feet long and the sticky notes have taken over the computer screen AND keyboard now! I have 6 clip boards of lists and today I’ll hook up my horse trailer to the pickup so I can start loading it. (It’s the Official Prop/Production Trailer... good thing I scooped out the horse poop yesterday) I’ve e-mailed all the kids, reminding them to label all their gear (I AM the Official Nag of this adventure) and I’m working on getting the tons of horse feed we will need for the mule teams. Ah the joys of “film making”...... where is Sam Elliott when you need him! Gotta run....HEY, is that bag moving.... ok, where’s the dog..............??!

--Quackgrass

No comments: